If you’re a fan of Nolimit City and its deeply intriguing casino slots, Folsom Prison may be the ideal game for you. This legendary crime-themed video slot was released back in June 2022, thrilling players with amazing visual elements, a dark yet inviting setting, and multiple bonus features that boost the whole experience and profits. The maximum payout is a staggering 75,000x the bet, and one fortunate player managed to come close, scooping a mesmerizing casino big win of SGD 156,712 with an SGD 8 stake.
Learn all about one of the best online casino games on the market, and see how the lucky player made it onto our wall of fame.
Why is Folsom Prison by Nolimit City One of the Most Thrilling Online Slots?
Nolimit City’s vast casino slots portfolio is packed with entertainment and unbelievable themes. Their developers and designers regularly tackle the Sci-Fi and horror genres, introducing audiences to grizzly settings powered by cutting-edge technologies. Folsom Prison is one of their most popular slots with a crime theme, retaining the provider’s signature sense of impending darkness, disrupted by adventurous vibes and lavish cash-ins!
The game is based on the real-life, legendary correctional institution, the second oldest prison in the US and the first one to have electricity! Its rich history dates back to the 1880s, with 44 inmates arriving from the famous Saint Quentin. After 17 years, Folsom State Prison had over 900 people incarcerated. At some point, this prison held Charles Manson, one of the most notorious killers captive. But it wasn’t all that gloomy, as America’s beloved Johnny Cash performed live in this institution – twice! His visit marked 1968, filling the walls of the storied institution with the sounds of the smashing 50s hit Folsom Prison Blues.
To this very day, the well-known institution still operates under the supervision of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Nolimit City Never Fails: Check Out Slot’s Spectacular Atmosphere & Graphics
If you like to play online slots with spine-chilling layouts, this crime-themed game will suit your appetite. The high guard towers lean above the grid while dangerous criminals lurk behind the bars on each reel. The colors that dominate the scenery are faint and hazy, mostly relying on brownish tones to portray the dismal aspect of the institution.
The captivating music helps players get in the mood, delivering a hint of Old West, shadowed by powerful guitar riffs and combined with a Hollywood blockbuster action soundtrack, announcing a major turn of events.
Immersive Gameplay & Special Features: Nine Extra Features Await!
At first glance, Folsom Prison has a regular grid of five reels and two rows. However, the number of rows may increase when the right symbol types spill during your play, skyrocketing the number of pay lines from the initial 16 to a jaw-dropping 46,664, easing your way into the winners’ lane!
Like many of Nolimit City’s popular casino slots, this always-in-demand grimy gem is highly volatile, with a 22.62% hit frequency and a 96.07% default RTP, which may vary while some special features are active. Its fast pace and state-of-the-art mechanics make it one of the most riveting video slot machines in any reputable online casino.
The game starts with a 4-6-6-6-4 reel setup, inviting you for a spin and a chance to unlock the sealed positions by landing some of its special symbols. In addition, you may get the lower paying symbols that include the number 10 and letters J, Q, K, and A, yielding payouts of up to 0,9x. The prisoners represent the higher-paying symbols, each represented by a different color.
Still, the ultimate thrills come from the slot’s bonus features, elevating the creepy fun to the next level.
If you want to activate the Toast Bet feature, you will have to add an extra 20% to your initial bet amount. That way, you will be guaranteed to land a Scatter symbol on the second reel, increasing your chances of triggering the Walk the Line feature. The Scatter is painted as golden Folsom Prison.
Just like in most popular casino slots, Wild Symbols are made to grant more winning combinations. They can substitute for all other paying symbols except the Scatter. Here, the Wilds are portrayed as a tattooed rose.
Walk the Line
Walk the Line bonus round activates when three Scatter symbols land on the reels two to five. Two Scatters can immediately unlock reel five, preparing it for the third symbol to spill and kickstart a fiesta. However, if you remain with two of these symbols, you may trigger xSplit, xWays, Wilds, or Cockroach nest symbols.
Walk the Line welcomes you with eight free spins, and awards two extra spins per each time a Scatter lands on reel five. If it’s affected by the xSplit symbol, the Scatter will yield another extra spin, turning the round into The Chair Spins.
Landing four Scatters activates The Chair, greeting you with eight free spins, plus one extra spin per each Scatter affected by the xSplit symbol. This feature guarantees you three Cockroach symbols or more per spin. Finally, The Chair starts with a 4-4-4-4-4 reel setup.
The Cockroach symbols dwell on the middle three reels. These sometimes have the ability to transform from scatter symbols, with starting positions turning into Wild symbols. Those Wilds will roam across the reels, awarding multipliers from 1x to 10x to the symbols on their way. If they pass by the same position several times, the multipliers will be boosted accordingly. Finally, the Cockroach can unlock a locked deposition, sometimes turning it into a Wild.
The feature also introduces the Cockroach nest symbols, activated once a Cockroach passes over them. Then, its multiplier will be increased as long as the feature is active.
The x Ways symbol can occupy any position throughout the spin, carrying two to four of a randomly chosen paying symbol type. Then, the xWays symbols will reveal one paying symbol below and one above the reel as it landed on, increasing the total winnings.
xSplit symbol only lands on the reels two to five, spilling over the two middle rows. Once it lands, it splits all other symbols on that row, maximizing your ways to win. If xSplit breaks apart the Scatter symbol, you’ll harvest an extra free spin, unlocking more locked positions. Lastly, the xSplit can divide itself into two Wild symbols, boosting the multiplier level by one if it splits the Cockroach nest symbol.
Meet Your Maker
Meet Your Maker is a far less ominous feature than its name suggests, awarding an astronomical prize to the luckiest of winners. This special screen comes to life if you hit the slot’s max win of 75,000x the bet, bringing out all the festivity one can find in the modern online slots games by pulling a colossal prize pot!
Bonus Buy could be your best option if you’re looking for a shortcut to unlock all those profit-yielding symbols and features. It offers five different tiers, entailing paying extra and getting instant gratification.
If you pay 68x the initial bet, you’ll immediately trigger the Walk the Line bonus feature, with a 96.36% RTP. Paying 1,500x the stake will activate The Chair feature, with an RTP of 96.31%. The extra payment of 82x the bet guarantees a 99% chance to access the Walk the Line feature and 1% to activate The Chair feature. Paying an extra 355x gives you an 80% chance to activate the Walk the Line feature and 20% to access The Chair feature. Finally, you can secure a 50% chance to trigger the Walk the Line and 50% to activate The Chair by paying another 784x the bet.
The amount of your initial dictates which Bonus Buy options are available.
Player’s Epic Win in Our Reputable Online Casino: Scooping an SGD 156,712 Winnings
Wouldn’t it be great to collect a massive cash prize with a modest SGD 8 stake? One phenomenal player did it, winning an incredible SGD 156,712 total by playing one of the most dynamic slot games.
The base game ended with SGD 19,20 winnings and three properly aligned Scatter symbols, awarding the player eight free spins and welcoming him into the Walk the Line feature.
The Cockroach starts passing the symbols, uncovering Wilds during the first spin and second spin, adding more winning ways and raising the total to SGD 59 during the next two spins. With four free spins left, the player has 8,820 ways to win unlocked and SGD 72 on his hands.
Once this round was done, he got The Chair upgrade and unlocked three more free spins. The first spin unleashed three Cockroaches, stepping on the winning symbols, and awarding a total of SGD 332. The last spin triggered 2x multipliers, ending with another SGD 174 and taking the player to the next extra spin – which will reveal two xSplit symbols and massive multipliers! The player has hit the bonanza, as prizes keep popping up onto his screen, maximizing the total to an astonishing SGD 156,712!
If you love to play online slots with dark, mysterious themes and lofty payout potential, tune into our reputable online casino and follow the fortunate player’s footsteps! Give Folsom Prison a spin now!
Play Online Slots on GemBet & Snatch Hefty Winnings and Casino Bonuses
Does this crime-themed video slot spark your keenness for the danger? Apart from its unbelievably crisp visuals, exciting gameplay, and features that make your heart race, its immense potential to yield a casino big win will keep your motors running. Just tune in, take one of Nolimit City’s most popular slots for a test ride, and aim for a legendary payout!
Don’t forget about our sizzling 250% Welcome Bonus, enabling you to claim up to SGD 1,000 and blast off into your adventure. Join the ultimate Cash Rush promo for a chance to collect a mouthwatering SGD 10,000 prize or one of the 212 valuable rewards from our pool.
Keep it rolling at the best Singapore online casino – and keep winning big!
The promotions mentioned in this blog post are not always representative of the current offers on GemBet. Please check the Promo page for the latest promotions available in your region. Terms and conditions may change without notice. We recommend reviewing the current promotions before participating. We are not liable for actions based on this information. Please contact customer support for assistance.